- First Name: Irene
- Last Name: Quijano
- City: Abu Dhabi
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Phone No: 971568173902
- Education: BS Accountancy
- Field of Study: Accounting
- College or University: Philippine Women's University
- Time Period: Immediately
- Job Title: Accountant
- Listed: September 6, 2015 12:58 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Senior Accountant May 16, 2012 – August 15, 2014
Lonsdale Associates & Insurance Brokers/Blue Lake Consulting WLL
(Saleh Al Hamad Al Mana Group) – Doha, Qatar
● Prepare daily accounting entries using Praktora. (Accounting software for Insurance Brokers)
● Analyse sales, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a daily basis.
● General ledger account Reconciliation.
● Monitored daily bank balances through internet banking and prepared daily bank statement.
● Checked daily outstanding statement, determined the payment which are to be made on the availability of funds as per the daily bank balance statements.
● Analyzed and checked the payment vouchers after every transactions made.
● Prepare monthly account reconciliation for A/R, and A/P.
● Take care of accounts receivable follow-up and collection.
● Monitor our account and clients' accounts and follow up clients' premium payments and ensuring the
Insurance premium is being paid.
● Processing outward bank telegraphic transfer for the Insurance Company payment for Insurance Premium.
● Vendors payment preparations
● Organized the Bank reconciliation statements in the accounting package and prepared for presentation.
● Created various MIS report such as monthly Profit and Loss Statement, Balance Sheet and Commission Collection Report.
● Liaised with GM and CFO on reports presented.
● Providing various monthly reports to GM such as Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet Reports and Monthly Budget & Forecasting Report and Quarterly Unit Review for comparison between Actual Production vs Budget.
● Assist the General Manager on preparation of the branch yearly sales budget.
● Facilitated staff salary by monitoring their leave records and daily attendance, organized monthly salary bank online transfer after taking approval from GM, Internal auditor and signed by the CFO.
● Support the internal and external audit in carrying-out and ensuring timely completion of audit.
Office Manager cum Accountant July 16, 2009 – May 11, 2012
Allianz Takaful (Munich based Company) - Doha, Qatar
● Prepare purchase order, petty cash voucher and replenishment, fund transfer request to the banks, clients
medical insurance claim request and releasing of checks.
● Collecting checks from the client and depositing checks to the bank.
● Prepare checks for the supplier and other office utility bills.
● Posting day-to-day accounting entries
● Responsible for all the aspects of A/R and A/P.
● Prepare financial statement and bank reconciliation.
● Prepare month-end and year-end closing
● Attend phone calls and inquiries for individual/corporate medical insurance
● Arranging and Organizing meetings and appointment for the General Manager and CEO during visit to Qatar.
● Perform general office duties such as procure supplies, maintaining confidential records and files.
● Arrange travel schedule, book flight and reservation as needed.
● Set up accommodation & transportation for executives, company visitors and new employees.
● Application of employee's working visa, business/visit visa, resident permit, and exit permit, etc.
● Maintaining employee's contract, attendance and vacation/sick leave balance.
Accounting Assistant Aug. 04, 2008 – July 01, 2009
Barwa Real Estate Group - Al Khor Project
● Prepare petty cash payment voucher for petty cash reimbursement.
● Prepare purchase requisition by obtaining relevant quotations.
● Prepares checks for payment for the supplier.
● prepares daily accounting entries.
● Prepare financial statement.
● Supervise construction billing process
● Verify bills from Managers.
● Maintain daily reports of project costs.
● Manage multiple contractor specific accounts.
Accountant (Plant & Machinery Dept.) August 28, 2006 – July 24, 2008
Sinohydro Gamuda WCT JV - (Malaysian Based Company)
New Doha International Airport Project
● Receiving P.O's, Invoices and Delivery Notes from the purchasing section
● Encodes delivery notes using IFCA system to be reflected on Goods Receipts Notes
● Prepares spare parts supplier's payment tabulation as per purchase order together with invoice & delivery
● Encode invoices using IFCA system for the Invoice entries
● Prepare check payment requisition for fund transfer.
● Prepare check payment to supplier and bank telegraphic transfer
● Reconciliation of supplier statement of accounts
● Daily update of bank book balance (Monitors all checks release and telegraphic transfer)
● Prepares petty cash payment voucher for petty cash reimbursement.
● Keeping and forwarding of all the necessary cargo-shipment documents to the port clearance agent
● Follow up necessary documents to the supplier.
● Responsible for tracking of company's cargo shipments and checking of cargo arrival date
● Updating of port clearance - Follow up for the status of port clearance to the port clearance agents
(Status of clearance, inspection and date of delivery to the site)
● Inform and advises the concern person or department for the delivery to the site location.
● Maintain custom clearance documents.
Accounts Payable Accountant June 01, 2003 – August 18, 2006
Prudentialife Plans, Inc. - Makati, Philippines
● Responsible for the processing of Branch Office Operating Fund Voucher (OFV)
● Preparation of General Voucher (GV) to effect replenishment of the operating fund and transfer of special
● Replenishment of Disbursement receipts and Reimbursement of Operating fund thru the preparation of
● Transfer of special fund.
● Analysing the nature of every disbursement and determining if those are in accordance with company policy
● Issuance of debit advise slips for overpayments of commissions and disapproved disbursements
● Prepare accounting entries.
● Issuance of credit advises slip for any settlement made for those previously debited accounts
● Prepare input tax schedule
● Proof read the operating fund voucher register
● Prepare monthly adjustments.
Commission Clerk June 18, 1996 – May 30, 2003
Prudentialife Plans, Inc.
● Post of plan holder’s payments to individual sales agents’ ledger as reflected in the transmittal reports
● Encodes of New Sales Collection reports and CIC Report using Oracle system
● Reconciles new sales collection & CIC made by sales agents after every marketing month
● Prepare monthly production report.
● Prepare overriding commission statement.
● Prepare pro forma entries and advise slips.
● Prepares overriding commission adjustment concerning previously pended plans and over-payment of basic
● Maintains and arrange transmittal reports, sales agents ledger, Memos and monthly production credit report
in a systematic order.
Accountant November 1994 – February 1995
Palmera Homes, Inc. (Real Estate Developer)
● Prepares payment voucher and Accounts Payable schedule.
● Prepare accounting entries and adjustments.
● Prepare checks for payment to suppliers and contractors.
Highly motivated and enthusiastic accounting professional, proved with eighteen (18) years’ experience in financial reporting, analysis, reconciliation and financial management. Consistently meets deadlines, reputation for investigating and resolving issues and constantly striving for process improvement. Is independent, creative, critical thinker with sound judgement and strategic decision making competency. Has ability to prioritize and manage time effectively. Proven ability to learn and master new skills quickly and thoroughly. Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and Power point), Outlook, Accounting Software: Peachtree, IFCA System, Oracle and Praktora and with intermediate Knowledge in SAP and Quick book.