- First Name: Bernadette
- Last Name: Guzman
- City: Dubai
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Phone No: 055 7203480
- Zip/Postal Code: 72072
- Education: Bachelor Of Science in Accountancy
- Field of Study: Accounting, Auditing
- College or University: University of Cagayan Valley
- Time Period: 4 Years
- Job Title: Accountant
- Listed: September 3, 2015 8:01 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Accountant, Dubai, UAE Dec 01, 2014- Present
Al Aman Real Estate
311, Read Avenue Building, Garhoud
• Overall authority to the financial operation of the accounting, monthly closing of books of record and adjusting journal entries. Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Maintained financial records which accurately record the business’ incoming and outgoing finances.
• Assist on Monthly and year end Audit.
• Checking the accuracy of daily entries and Ensure that all transactions are updated daily.
• Verified the correctness of all accounting documents prepared daily, and checking and monitoring the following: Bookkeeping, Bank reconciliation, Checking Payroll for monthly & weekly, Monthly Trial Balance.
• Have knowledge in operating the Accounting Software, QuickBooks.
• Research and Survey the Property Market Price to the Real Estate Company.
• Rerouted customer calls to appropriate Agent personnel.
• Processed receipts, sales invoices and payments & petty cash.
• Ensure that accounts are accurately monitored and recorded.
• Deal with a company’s payroll by processing wages and employee expense claims.
• Prepared profit and loss accounts sheets.
• Prepared balance sheets.
• Answered the phone and reading/sending emails to clients.
• Met and greeted clients when they come into the office.
• Written minutes of meetings/ photocopying/ filing and other administrative duties
• Client engagement – sending out available property for sale/rent to clients/ answering enquiries etc.
External Sales Auditor, TriNoma January 2012- Oct 2014
MERL General Business and Services LLC
Quezon City, Manila, Philippines
• Works under the guidance of an audit manager to ensure that a corporation's sales procedures and controls are adequate.
• Audit Suppliers Invoices, consolidate their Accounts & other business records
• Compute Rent, Percentage Rent, Construction Bond, Security Deposit, Ads and Promo, Board up Cost and Documentary Stamps.
• Prepared Reconciliation of Statement of Accounts, Summary on Sale, Occupancy Cost & Average Sales/sqm, and Occupancy Cost.
• Discussed with tenant’s the audit findings.
• Check and Verified the Statement of accounts and other charges of the tenants.
• Assist in the close process, prepare month end journal entries
• Examine all the documents & records specified here in agreed upon.
• Prepare quarterly month end general ledger reconciliations
• Prepare Sales Invoices, sales summaries, official receipts, cash register tapes, book of accounts such as but not limited to: general ledger, cash receipt book & sales book & cash disbursement.
• Work with financial institutions to setup accounts for new locations, ie bank accounts, merchant accounts for credit
• Prepare and released Payroll of Staff
• Prepare staff work schedule.
• Prepare Financial Statement of the Company
Secretary Cum Accountant March 2008-January 2012
RGO General Trading Inc
Sta. Ana, Cagayan, Philippines
• Responsible for processing accounts payable/receivables including processing payments for Contractors, Subcontractors and vendors
• Creating invoices, filing receipts and dealing with all financial documentation.
• Book-keeping, bank reconciliation, petty cash, trial balance, statement of accounts, proper filing, payroll, etc
• General ad-hoc duties such as ordering stationary & attending visitors and coordination.
• Making travel and accommodation arrangements for Company Directors and senior managers.
• Preparing correspondence and documents from digital dictation
• Handling confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols.
Housekeeping Coordinator October 2002-March 2008
Eastern Hawaii Leisure Company Limited
CEZA Sta. Ana, Cagayan
• Started as Housekeeping Attendant & Promoted as Housekeeping Clerk then Coordinator
• Conducts daily briefing and staff inspection (personal grooming) and areas of responsibility
• Prepares staff work schedule and assigns/delegates side duties while enforcing discipline and disciplinary action of some erring staff
• Conducts daily equipment and par stock inventories and responsible for maintaining stock level requirement
• Performs job evaluation of subordinates and handle more than 60 staff
• Attends to staff concerns and problems and builds morale and maintain teamwork in her/his department
• Accomplish forecast and yearly budget for the Department and accomplish annual report for the Department
• Conduct Head on duty tour and attend Daily/weekly Heads Briefing
• Directly reported to Operation Manager and Assistant General Manager.
• An efficient, organized and approachable person who is always willing to help work colleagues out.
• Possessing fast and effective Accountant and having a strong administrative background with knowledge of the latest office management techniques.
• Always happy to do the mundane office duties as well as the more exciting work. Having a comprehensive understanding of attending meetings, preparing agendas, and maintaining departmental electronic and manual filing systems.
• Presently searching for a suitable role with an exciting and progressive company.
Areas of Expertise
Minute taking Administrative support Document management
Diary management Audio typing Reception duties
Secretarial support Organizing meetings Accounting