- First Name: KESAVAN
- Last Name: VENKATRAMAN
- City: DUBAI
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Phone No: 00971502671867
- Zip/Postal Code: 11045
- Education: CPA
- Field of Study: ACCOUNTING AND TAXATION
- College or University: NASBA
- Time Period: 2012-2015
- Job Title: FINANCE CONTROLLER
- Listed: August 21, 2015 3:46 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
nce Jul’14 to till date: Pegasus International Tourism and Travels LLC, Business Bay,
Key Result Areas:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Lead and manage the Accounting department and ensure all standards are followed
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual reports
• Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
• Ensure accurate and efficient monthly, quarterly and year end close
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
• Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
• Continuously manage and support budget and forecast activities and assist Departmental Leaders as required
• Oversee the financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process
• Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
• Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
• Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures; provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
• Follow departmental policies and procedures
• Follow all safety policies
• Other duties as assigned
From Feb’08 to 30th Jun’14: TUV Middle East, a German Certification Body, Member of TUV Nord, Abu Dhabi
Accountant - Credit Analyst & Treasury Management
Key Result Areas:
• Process write offs, credit memos, and merchandise charge backs.
• Contact client via email, phone, or fax regarding past due payment for purchases.
• Obtain supporting documents to validate or deny claim.
• Offset credits for previous delinquency.
• Assist with credit applications and process invoices.
• Review aging reports, reconcile clients account, and prepare customer refunds.
• Pull BOL’s and requests POD’s as required
• Work on special projects per Senior Management request.
• Issued import and export letters of credit and accepted payments, determined compliance with international standards, verified terms of credit, insurance coverage and shipping conditions. Also coordinated customer credit information and collateral papers with the loan officer to comply with bank credit standards.
• Responsible for analyzing and creating strategies to improve return on cash
• Implements and analyze short and long -term cash flow forecasts
• Provides assistance as well as comply with the compliance department on control procedures
• Handles tasks of reviewing daily cash reporting and assist management with regular monthly reporting
• Performs all treasury related activities like automation of back reconciliations and global cash reporting
• Liaise as well as maintain good relationships on matters of credit and daily operations
• Performs tasks of preparing monthly and quarterly treasury reports
• Handles responsibilities like developing, implementing and leading practices over all cash management processes and activities
• Played a key role in implementing the credit policy in the present company; There is no credit policy in the company before and the system has no credit days and deadline fixed for the credit limit. Implemented Credit Application Form and related documents relating to the same for evaluating the customers.
Jan’06-Feb’08: Danat Resort Jebel Dhanna, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. Accounts Receivables
Key Result Areas:
• Processes credit applications expeditiously. Verifies reference information and communicate results with Sales & Catering personnel.
• Confirms credit facilities to requesting companies on approval.
• Maintains the city and guest ledger. Verifies the completeness and accuracy of all client account activity. Reviews night audit reports issued, verifying accuracy on all client account transactions. Administers corrective action as warranted.
• Executes timely and accurate billing of all customer accounts, complete with all supporting documentation and ensures all necessary documents are filed accordingly in client files.
• Is alert to any signs that a company may become a credit risk.
• Updates the follow up history in the client files.
• Ensures timely response to customer requests and inquiries.
• Resolves disputes/questions on client accounts. Coordinates client account adjustments/corrections with appropriate operating department management. Obtains Managing Director and DOF authorization prior to posting.
• Ensures posting of all city ledger payments to customer accounts.
• Ensures discrepancies are resolved on a timely basis.
• Ensures timely response and resolution of credit card charge backs and returned checks. Process any credit card refund requests.
• Ensure PCI compliance procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Ensures account classification is presented on aging per guidelines.
• Responds to correspondence on an ongoing daily basis. Ensures all paperwork received each day is reviewed and prioritized for actions to be taken.
• Ensures recording, monitoring, account application and reconciliation of Advance Deposit and Gift Certificate ledgers is conducted.
• Participation in sales and catering “pre-con” meetings as scheduled.
• Participates in monthly credit meeting in conjunction with the ADOF.
• Generates month-end A/R account reports and a Collection Status Report for inclusion in the monthly financial package.
• Reviews and updates client files thereby keeping only pending records in each file.
• Assists the ADOF in maintaining compliance to policy/procedural requirements.
• Assists in developing and implementing internally issued policies/procedures effecting improvement of the operations and financial results.
• Ensures and maintains compliance with Corporate and local record retention schedules.
• Rotates and destroys records as warranted, between the office and store.
• Ensures compliance with client file maintenance procedures.
• Performs any/all special projects as assigned by the Department of Finance.
• Maintains a good relation with the clients thus reflecting the good name of the hotel.
• Reviews the ageing report on a weekly basis and follows up, on a first priority, the outstanding invoices over 60 and 90 days.
• Advices the Department of Finance to open legal procedures against clients whose accounts are long overdue.
• Pivotal in recovering the collection of 5 Million Dirhams against outstanding amount of 10 Million Dirhams
• Bagged Employee of the Month Award during Nov'07
Jan’05-Dec’05: Hotel Ramada Raj Park, A Four Star Hotel, Chennai
Key Result Areas:
Audit all revenue transactions for techniques consistency, and methods used to meet hotel's standards and local policies and procedures. Examine all the transactions for accuracy and ensure the trials tally. This involves but not necessarily exhaustive:
• Review "Rate Segment Report" (Rate Check) to ensure that all occupied rooms have genuine room rate as per Minimum Rate Agreement and that all special rates and complimentary rooms are authenticated and approved.
• post Room Revenue and ensure that all occupied rooms have been charged accurately.
• post all pending/ unposted charges
• Audit all outlet reports and tally them with Opera for accuracy. Check that genuine discounts are given.
• Audit the banquet functions and ensure the charges are as per banquet event orders.
• Control and reconcile the daily sales in the outlets.
• Audit F&B and all other hotel revenue generated and ensure the accuracy.
• Segregate and audit GSA daily work for accuracy.
• Audit the credit card transactions for accuracy. Ensure the pOS details summary reports agree with System.
• Check the authenticity of all FO paid outs/rebates and outlet rebates and verify for accuracy.
• Controls together with Accounts Receivable on daily basis pM and permanent folios.
• Audit all administrative pM folios and lost interface posting charges. Analyse and transfer them to respective accounts/folios.
• perform month end closing and ensure that the trial balance agree with general Ledger.
• prepares daily and monthly reports for the management.
• post the daily audited work in audit program and ensure that:
• The trial balance should tally with that of Opera
• Debit and credit totals of the Daily Income Journal Balances.
• The Night Auditor figures should tally with the Sales Report
• Micros Revenue Reports should tally with the Sales Report
• The forecast and last year's figures in the Sales Report should be accurate
• Record all miscellaneous charges in Miscellaneous Analysis Book and mark "paid" any payment made against JV payable. Reconcile Misc Account
• Make spot check in the outlets.
• Responsible along with night auditor for daily, weekly, and monthly backups for Opera and Micros.
• Record all miscellaneous charges and maintain audit miscellaneous account.
• Submit daily rebates, paid outs and any other pM Master folios, reports to DOF for review and approval.
• Ensure to have adequate control over all banquet function sheets.
• Maintain proper filing and record retention and is familiar with Income Audit policies and procedures.
• Verify and audit daily General Cashier deposit and envelope.
• Investigate and follow-up of any shortages/ overage from General Cashier's envelope on daily basis. prepare over & short report on monthly basis and forward to Director of Finance for approval and for necessary action
• Be familiar completely with hotel systems p.M.S.,p.O.S.
• Check Micros and Opera reports for accuracy and unusual transactions. Verify and audit all adjustments and corrections.
• Carry out any other accounting work assigned by Director of Finance.
• Be familiar with hotel Income audit Finance policies.
• A result-oriented professional with over 18 years of experience in the areas of Finance & Accounts, Treasury Operations and Auditing
• Currently working with Pegasus International Travel and Tourism LLC, Dubai as a Senior Accountant.
• Experienced in managing entire accounts & finance functions including maintenance & finalization of accounts, working capital management, profit monitoring, report management, building internal financial controls, etc.
• Excellent understanding of formulating budgets, conducting ageing & revenue analysis, preparing key reports to exercise financial control and enhancing overall efficiency of the organization
• Possess good analytical, problem solving and coordination skills