- First Name: Vivek
- Last Name: Vijayan
- City: Dubai
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Phone No: 971551436152
- Zip/Postal Code: 0000
- Education: Bsc Computer Science, Physics
- Field of Study: Science & Information Technology
- College or University: Kerala University
- Time Period: Morning
- Job Title: IT Engineer (Desktop/Networking & Server Support) – CCNA & MCSE
- Listed: August 20, 2015 5:28 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
In quest of assignments in Network Engineering / System Administration / Support Engineer with an organization of high repute
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) & MCSE Certified with Six years of experience in:
Networking & Performance Analyze Desktop & Helpdesk Management Documentation &Reporting
Server Support & Monitoring Quality & Security Assurance Contracts & Cost Control
• Adept in analyzing information system & Server needs, evaluating end-user requirements, IT Network Infrastructure designing Services & solutions, troubleshooting for complex information systems management
• Ensuring a high-quality customer satisfaction, while adhering to the SLAs and work processes; merit of achieving 100%.
Support Engineer (Networking, Desktop & Server)
Networking: Overseeing installation of Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches, HP Switches, AVAYA IP Telephones, Network Access multi-platform environments, deployment of Security Systems, Firewall Devices, designing and network infrastructure etc.
Managing network port security, switching, install DVR & NVR devices, manage finger print access control system, configuration of CCTV Security & IP Surveillance cameras.
Server: Providing support for Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise, Server 2012, & Data Center. Analyzing Citrix Server, NAS Storage, Support Exchange Server 2010 & Exchange Server 2013, Edge Server. Implementation of Microsoft Lync 2013, manage Hyper-V, Terminal Server & VMware workstation.
Identifying performances bottlenecks and take adequate measures to rectify faults of all kind of Computer Systems. Windows 7 & Windows 8.1, Apple IPAD, Blackberry Z-Q10, & MAC Book Pro.
Troubleshooting problems pertaining to performance tuning, Desktop PCs, Laptops, Projectors, Android Cloud devices, network administration, application conflicts and system bugs. Eextending onsite support to the clients including maintenance of hardware / software.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
• Microsoft Certified System Administrator. (MCSA)
• Diploma in Computer Application (DCA): O Level, C, C++ from Keltron, IT Education, Thiruvananthapuram
• B.Sc. (Physics, Computer Science & Mathematics) from Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala University
July’14– to – Aug’15 Simmex Infotech Solutions, Trivandrum (India) – IT Administrator
Key Result Areas:
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, software, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Dome, bullet, PTZ, & CCD cameras Surveillance – CCTV. Maintain Networks DHCP, AD as well as LAN.
• Tally, SQL server Pay roll calculations. Significantly configured Switches and Wireless Modem.
• Effectively handled and provided support in development and setup as well as installation of Exchange Server 2010, Windows Server 2008 Active Directory and Network infrastructure.
• Manage Desktop, Laptop Chiplevel Service. Configure Security Surveillance Systems for Govt Projects.
• Marketing IT Devices networking products. Distribution of CCTV equipment’s Security PTZ, & Access Systems.
• Manage and Travel all branches in Govt Sector related to Technical Support.
• Monitored Server performance. Create, testing PCs image using Ghost and Image Center.
• Support all remote users via Netmeeting, VNC & Team viewer. VM ware workstation maintenance.
• Tested hardware fixing and installation Biometric devices and fixing HP Switches, Cisco POE, Non-Poe Switches& 2800 Cisco Routers.
• SQL Server support. Verify CCTV DVR backup, review playback record and backup of 3G router connected wireless cameras DVR.
• Surveillance Camera installation and Configuration. Dome, IR and Bullet Cameras. DVR and NVR configuration.
Dec’11 – to - June’14 AW-Rostamani Group Holdings, Dubai (UAE) IT Engineer (Desktop & Network/Server)
Key Result Areas:
• Accountable to manage the proper functioning of Firewall devices, Data Base server, and Citrix Servers.
• Monitor network performance uptime-downtime, bandwidth of Network & troubleshoot Network issues.
• Manage all aspect of field support such as Microsoft Windows, System Hardware, Software, Server and Desktop.
• Troubleshooting & providing solutions for critical IT issues related to LAN, WAN and verify connectivity.
• Configure AVAYA IP Telephones & verify Network Port-Security.
• Periodically provide security assets reports. Daily monitoring IP NVR & DVR cameras with ICMS Surveillance.
• Perform External Storage Backup with HP Data protector, Server scans, vulnerabilities & manage Active Directory users.
• Responsible to take Voice calls, take remote access troubleshoot and provide solutions for the technical issues.
• Manage ERP systems; generate Crystal Reports, backup of daily-monthly Payroll running SQL Server 2008 platform.
• Provide support for Server 2008 R2, hardware module upgrade and OS installation in HP Proliant DL380 G4 and IBM x 86 Servers.
• Responsible for support planning, design, development, installation, testing, modification, evaluation of all networks.
• Interact with clients, take calls, remote access, install software packages, diagnose, solve PC, network, & Server issues.
• Installation of network security systems, voice communication systems, WIFI cisco access points and security Filtering.
• Manage Cisco Wireless controller and providing on-site support the Network equipment’s, Routers & Switches of branches.
• Configure Microsoft Lync 2013 configuration with camera access and support Blackberry Enterprise mail server.
• Handle technical support desktops, Apple TV, Android Cloud, printers, scanners, portable projectors Benq, Sony, etc.
• Implementation of Group Policy, potential data security and Routing protocols, internet proxy Server & VPN Configuration.
• Manage user accounts, permissions, domain policies and email, anti-virus, anti-spam Symantec Anti-virus installation.
• Configure all kind of System issues proper online support through Phone, Heavy duty printers, Desktops, & Thin-Client Machines.
• Preparation of PCs, with the required hardware, software in accordance with procedures, Auto Cad & Photoshop installation.
• Setup and configuration of MDM for distribution of applications, data’s and settings through Mobile devices & Apple Tablets.
• Handle Server 2008 R2 users, OUs, access rights in Active Directory & 2010 Exchange Server Users & (Hyper-V) Virtualization.
• Preparing Assets reports & documentation regarding AMC for Printer, PCs, Laptops, IPhones & Blackberry.
• Configure and install Windows 7, & Windows 8, Apple IPAD’s, Apple TV, SAMSUNG TVs & MAC Book Pro.
• Holds the distinction of providing support for maintaining (DNS) domain users up to certain extend, troubleshooting hardware and software issues & (WSUS) Update Microsoft patches.
• Providing efficient remote technical Support for Hardware-software, Windows Ms-office, and Exchange Mail Server.
Highlights – Achievements:
Handled configuration, installation and maintenance of following:
o Equipment’s include Switches, IP Security Devices Firewall, Cyberoam security 200 ING devices and Modem, 'etc.
o Support VMware workstation & Hyper-V Cluster Servers. Network utilization & CPU utilization.
o Cisco Wireless Controller 2500 Series and 4400 Series. Verify MPLS uptime-downtime.
o Investigate Check Point and ICS/SCADA Networks Projects.
o Website design, Dashboard editing and creating new Web link in Wordpress 4.0 platform.
o Mails in Microsoft Exchange 2010 configure Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft SharePoint business.
o Managed PABX phone line, Etisalat modem, Network Infrastructure & 2800, 1841 (Router) 2950 Switch.
Service HP Thinclient Machines, Android Cloud devices, PCs and LAN networks issues. Completed the implementation of test setup for network devices, VLAN as well as configure of DHCP Pool.
Responsible to Travel all the branches and successfully investigated, analyzed IT issues of over 1500 nodes with branches of 11 client companies about 3500 users in domain.
Successfully troubleshoot Network Printers, FAX, and E-billing Fujitsu IP machines / manage and configure newly added network devices. Install Ip assign Zebra Xi1100 Bar Code printer, Epson Lq printers and Ricoh Aficio Heavy Duty printers
Effectively provided support for Citrix Platform Servers, Terminal Servers, Exchange Server, Database servers & File Servers, Virtual Servers with 45 physical Servers.
Fixing and Configure Switches, Cisco Routers 2800 Series & daily report updating. Designs entire network multiple users, including remote sites, establish system and Network Infrastructure.
Significantly provided online support, troubleshoot emails & hardware replacement in Blackberry Q10, Z10 synchronized with Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES), Ipad 4G etc.
Tested hardware fixing and installation Biometric devices (RFID) and fixing HP Switches, Cisco POE, Non-Poe Switches & 2800 Cisco Routers.
Attendance report system maintenance daily figure punch face detector device. Download daily attendance log and take report of each employees.
Maintain Hp Switches and network fiber, 42U & 27 U Rack. Manage Access card device and register access card permissions.
Generate attendance report and attach to SQL database to create monthly Salary report. Verify CCTV DVR backup, review playback record and backup of 3G router connected wireless cameras DVR in braches.
Dec’10 to Nov’11 Redha Al Ansari Exchange, Dubai (UAE) IT – Network Engineer/System Admin
Key Result Areas
• Ensures all the documents related to data, voice, network security including telecom inventory are updated. Maintain Data Center environment and monitoring equipment.
• Accountable and responsible for 2nd level support, resolution of all end-user IT requests including software, hardware, network, and systems support requests, via VPN, Net-meeting, Landesk Remote Access.
• Administration, maintain Fax Server Applications Servers, Cisco ASA firewall, DHCP, AV, ISA Server & Firewall FortiGate (80-C).
• Developed a call logging system for all the users and need to provide the solutions for the issues of Desktops, Laptops and connectivity issues.
• Day-to-Day Support on Antivirus security, windows Microsoft patches (WSUS), and Load Balancing. Manage Server Users policy & Print Server.
• Responsible monitoring and managing the performance and capacity of data and voice Circuits platforms (Dell, HP, Cisco) Rack mount and Blade Servers.
• Install and configure all new hardware systems, and network devices. Support administration of Terminal servers and server clusters.
• Handled updates of Windows 2003 Administration (10 Servers) of over 180 nodes with thin Clients in Domain. Perform troubleshooting and analysis of servers issues.
• Responsible for preparing & providing reports, documentation & other necessary information to the management for providing on-site support the Systems and equipment’s of branches.
• Carried out testing of fiberoptic, network cables, fixing finger print machine and support software for National Bond, Western Union Banking System & Payroll System
• Managed, upgrade hardware, Operating System / tracking LAN network issues. Data base back- up (Daily Tap backup and external Storage backup).
• Accountable for managing Etisalat GPON, configure Outlook Express, research new technologies and calculating future needs to achieve capacity planning.
• Responsible for hardware maintenance, administration, and configuration of network devices, network security equipment’s; liaising with SPs (Service Providers) to ensure uptime of the network; and problem-solving, e.g. issues with the SP that could result in network downtime or degradation.
Highlights – Achievements:
Implementation of CCTV Surveillance System Square & Dome Cameras and WIFI Access Point Configuration.
HP Tower Server, Fore-Front Manager Server & MSA.
Successfully provided support to:
Development of software, Luup- website for Mobile Money Transfer & Mobile Remittance (GSMA)
EzeTop settlement process and billing in the RTA machines for the customer transportation.
Billing procedure for du website. Western union, install, manage the issues of National Bond website.
Feb’ 08 to Sep’ 10 E-Data Systems, Chembur (Mumbai) Network Engineer
Key Result Areas:
• Provided support for troubleshooting issues of Ruckus Wireless access point and Zone Director. Switch, Router Rack mounting and installing.
• Prepared proper database documentation of network topology. Maintain S.W, Peripherals, lines, cabling, ATM’s & troubleshooting Cisco switches 4500 series Router 3800 & 3560
• Leasing with ISPs (Service provider) to ensure maximum uptime of the Network without any packet loss or deterioration.
• Managed the installation of DCS-910 D-ViewCam 2.0 IP Camera Surveillance and Wireless networks (Cisco Aironet 1300 Router)
• Helped the Management in establishing guidelines & standards for change procedure, infrastructure designing, installation the database back-end and provided maintenance plan.
• Handled IP Camera Surveillance Systems as well as configuration of DAX 1821-IR, PABX, Windows server Cluster environment and Domain server and other Network related telecommunication systems
• Supervised the IBM rack Server and backup scheduling. investigation, recommendation, installation enhancements and operating procedures to optimize network security of Surf Control, Data Base Backup, NAS, etc.
● Optimize network Security, Surf Control and Handling IP Surveillance System as well as configure DAX 1821-IR
• Significantly managed hardware, software, and circuit contracts for customers.
• Effectively provided remote desktop access & support through VPN technologies both end point & server
• Successfully completed implementation of IP Camera Surveillance Systems and Ruckus Wireless access point Zone Flex 7962 & Ruckus Zone Director™ 3000
• Significantly configured Switches and Wireless Modem. Maintain Networks DHCP, AD as well as LAN.
• Effectively handled and provided support in development and setup as well as installation of Exchange Server 2007, Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network infrastructure.
• Monitored Server performance. Create, testing PCs image using Ghost and Image Center.
• Support all remote users via Netmeeting, VNC & Team viewer.
• Windows Server 2003, ADS and Network Infrastructure. Configure and install Windows XP, Windows 7.
• Used DcDiag and NetDiag techniques, GPOs and Created Roaming profile
TNGiCube Technology Resources, Technopark, Trivandrum
• Successfully completed Two Years projects on: (October 2007)
o Exchange Server 2003 & 2007
o Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server and SQL data base Scripting
o Infrastructure on Delay tolerant Network and Reducing delay on wireless networks (Java)
o Personal identification System (Embedded) Study Project. Door Security System based on face recognition methodology.
o Routed Protocol (TCP/IP, IP/IPX, BGP4, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, IS-IS)
o Installation & maintenance of Desktops, Laptops, Data Recovery, Backup and Restore.
o Cisco IOS Firewall IDS and VPN, NAT in SDM. User & Group Management and Quota Settings
o QoS using FIFO, Weighted Fair Queuing, Priority Queuing, Custom Queuing, RSVP and RED
o Routers (Cisco Routers, 2511, 3000, 2800, 2500). Upgrading Cisco Routers, Switches IOS using TFTP.
• Well versed with:
o Cisco Aironet 1300 with Security. WIFI – WAP (Access Point)
o ITIL V3 and support Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM).
o Check Point and ICS/SCADA Networks Projects.
o Implementation of Cisco Terminal Server and MPLS Technology
o Cisco Catalyst Switches 1900 (4500-E, 6500, PoE-8, 3500, 2960) Series
o Intranet VPN Solution using Cisco 2621 and IPSec Tunneling. Cisco AAA Server ( 6500 & 7000 Series)
o Traffic Filters using Standard and Extended Access-Lists, Distribute-Lists, and HSRP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP, etc.
o C-Voice, VOIP Configuration, AVAYA IP Phones, T-1, and ISDN PRI and BRI, Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet, Fast Ethernet) FDDI.
o Operating System: Windows Server 2003, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 & Windows Server 2008-R2, Server 2012 Enterprise Implemented Exchange Server 2003, Server 2007, tested Exchange 2010 and Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server
o Software: Provide Support for development of Oracle Database and Java Platform.
o Servers & Desktops: HP and IBM Servers & Dell, VM-Ware Virtualization Client mode, Buffalo (NAS) Network attached Storage, HP Thin Client , PCs and Gateway.
• Associated with National Service Scheme (NSS)
Father Name: M.P. Vijayakumar.
Date of Birth: 20th May, 1982
Present Address: Room 903, Alnahda, Near Sahara Center, Dubai, UAE.
Languages Known: English, Hindi, Arabic and Malayalam
Contact Number: +971551436152, +971566777816
Passport No.: M0548699
Visa Details: Visit Visa
Current Location: Dubai – Sharjah (Alnahda) , UAE.
I hereby declare that the details mentioned above are correct and true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Place: Vivek V.V
IT Engineer (Desktop/Networking & Server) – CCNA & MCSE
Vivek V.V. Contact: +971551436152, +971566777816
IT is with great Interest that I am forwarding my CV/Resume for the position in IT Engineer (Networking/System Admin), & Desktop which relates strongly to my 2- 6 years’ of experience in Network Engineering, System Administration, Desktop Support (Helpdesk), & Network Performance Management,
Current Location: UAE, Dubai-Alnahda
Current Visa Status: Visit Visa
E-Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Successfully resolved the issues related to Support Desktop PCs, Printers, Laptops, AVAYA IP-phones, HP, IBM Server, Exchange Server, DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory.
Certified (CCNA), (MCSA), (MCSE), implementation of network devices as well as installation of Router, Switches, LAN, WAN, Firewall security.
A keen communicator with honed interpersonal, problem solving and analytical abilities.
Previously as IT – Engineer with AW Rostamani Group Holdings, in Dubai (UAE), I believe I meet all the essential criteria of the position.
I appreciate your taking the time to review my credentials and experience. Looking forward to your kind response.