- First Name: Ashokan
- Last Name: AM
- Country: Malaysia
- Phone No: +60176503352
- Zip/Postal Code: 47100
- Education: B.Com ., PGDCA
- Listed: August 24, 2015 2:54 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
IT Manager (January 2015 – till date)
Gene Flux Biosciences Sdn Bhd , Malaysia
P Active Directory operations.
P System & Network Admin.
P Liaise with suppliers and vendors for upgrading & purchase of computer hardware and software
P Gather information on frequent technical problems , plan and contribute ideas for any information technology improvement for the company.
P Responsible for the provision of IT infrastructure services including desktop application , Local area networks and IT security.
P Working with senior management to propose , agree and deliver IT services.
P Taking care of system maintenance & support to all pc and computer communication devices
P Implement & manage complex windows server environment. Local user as well as remote user support .
P Draft & periodically visit company’s security policy for webservers.
P Local area network management like configuration IP address , assigning gateway , workgroup creation & connectivity issues
P Maintenance of router, modem , firewall, switch & proxies.
P Install, Maintain, Manage & upgrade windows and other software.
P Responsible for identifying and diagnoses problem affecting system performance and rectifying the same
P Diagnosis problems including software and hardware in windows environment and give fast and accurate solutions
P Educate staffs to use IT infrastructure.
P Developing and controlling IT recovery plan
P Developing and controlling IT security plan
P Ensuring the best solution are implemented and all the required support in place.
System & Network Admin (December 2011 – December 2014)
BNR Consultancy / BGN Trading Bhd Sdn., Malaysia
Headed IT team & Installed Windows 7 OS for more than 100 HP PC’s in TNB [Tenaga Nasional Behard] Malaysia.
Headed IT team & Installed Windows OS for more than 150 Windows phone in TNB [Tenaga Nasional Behard] Malaysia.
Setup proxy server for website restrictions and other firewall activities. Network & System projects.
Developed Visual Contacts [ android application] a contact management software in android operating system.
Developing various small applications for android operating system.
Various IT related projects
• System & Network administration.
• Head of IT Department & in charge for all IT related operations.
• Active Directory operations from server [assigning privileges, roles, group policies & permission for 50+ users].
• Router ,Modem, Firewall & Proxy server configuration & management.
• Web Page Design & Development.
• Data backup for all computer and laptops system to the server.
• Responsible for the operation and administration of the company internal servers, mail servers and IT security system such as CCTV and DVR systems.
• Educate team members to Install and configure necessary OS and Software’s for all users.
• Taking care of all computer infrastructures in Gene Flux, BNR Consultancy (Group companies of BGN).
• Internet website restriction using proxy server
• Monitor and optimize system performance.
• Development of Android Application using Eclipse and Java SDK
• Training & guiding team members for IT infrastructure.
Worked as IT freelancer in Malaysia (July 2010 – November 2011)
[Sri Murnai, High cans Corporation, SVCS Circuit,
Davidsam and other corporate companies)
Successfully completed setup and configuration of LAN Network & Infrastructure for 34 nodes in Davidsam - April 2011.
• Software / Hardware installation, network configuration & trouble shooting. Installation of Linux and Windows server.
• LAN & Microsoft operating system. Diagnose, troubleshoot, coordinate & resolve system related incident and provide end user support.Provide support to a multi-user operating system which includes performing installation, configuration, upgrading and troubleshooting of various operating system platforms.
• Liaise with suppliers and vendors for upgrading, maintenance, repairing and purchase of computer hardware and software. Gather information on frequent technical problems, plan and contribute ideas for any information technology improvements for the company.
• Provide maintenance and technical support, installation of software and hardware. Involve in OS tools integration.
• Identify software designed to run on multiple platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages.
• Responsible for Identifying and diagnoses problems affecting system performance, identifies system problems in accordance with operating procedures.
• Ensuring technical solutions proposed satisfy both the immediate and long-term needs.
Windows Administrator (Sep 2007 – Dec 2009)
Emeraald Info Systems, Chennai, India.
• Install deployment and Upgrade Windows operating system and window servers.
• Implement and Manage complex windows server environment.
• Database management through Microsoft exchange server, MS SQL and Oracle.
• Manage Internet communication and coordinate with Internet service providers.
• LAN /Windows System Administrator.
• Monitor and optimize system performance. Microsoft Desktop Activities.
• Software/ Server Installation, administrator Accounting System & Trouble Shooting PC & System Hardware Assembling
• Assist web Administration, IIS & VOIP Configuration.
System Administrator (Feb 2000 – July 2007)
Marvel Systems, Chennai, India.
• Monitors Windows server platforms for good performance levels and make preventative adjustments as necessary.
• Diagnosis problem including software and hardware in windows environment and give fast and accurate solutions.
• Software/ Server Installation, administrator Accounting System & Trouble Shooting
• LAN / System Administrator
• Draft and periodically visit company’s security policy with a clear documentation.
• Install, maintain, manage, upgrade Windows, other operating systems
• Keep track of OS and other software’s licenses. Renew them as and when necessary
• Local user as well as Remote user support.
Vast Experience in the IT industry. Expert skills in Windows/ Network Administration, Network Security, Windows Server & Windows based Enterprise applications. Strong skills in Software / Hardware troubleshooting, Software Installation and Network Management. Intermediate skill in Android application Development. Webpage Design & Development.