- First Name: Jennifer
- Last Name: Estrada
- City: Dubai
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Phone No: +971558735812
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Field of Study: BS Accounting
- College or University: University of Luzon, Philippines
- Time Period: October 1997
- Job Title: HR Generalist and Administration Officer cum Asst. Accountant
- Listed: August 31, 2015 11:03 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
A. Dec. 10, 2007 to July 2015 – HR Generalist and Administration Officer cum Asst. Accountant
Heritage Spas Dubai LLC. (Angsana Spa) - under Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts Group
• Oversee the HR and Admin functions and to ensure the compliance of corporate policies, UAE labour law and company’s local HR practices. Conducted employee’s appraisal and to ensure the development of the Key Performance Indicator (KPI reports) of each employee.
• Recruitment -sourcing of CV/resume, assisting interview lined-ups until closing of pending requirements.
• Compensation & benefits -prepare salary package proposals, issue job offers and employment contracts.
• Maintains employee database such as employment contract, personnel action forms, visa, leave records and travel authorization forms to keep it updated always.
• Manage to coordinate with HR head office for new visa application, renewals and cancellations and other formalities as mandated by ministry of labour and immigration in coordination with our PRO.
• Manage company’s healthcare benefits (medical & life insurance), negotiate rates with insurance companies, guide and brief the employees on the availment process, accredited hospitals/clinic and the network coverage.
• Organize a briefing on a new starter to ensure clear job description, salary package, benefits & compensation (meal, accommodation & transportation arrangement) and company timing on a shift basis.
• Payroll management - prepare employee’s payroll (through WPS) up to salary transfer to staff’s bank account. Prepare payslips, also, the verification of time cards, leave, absences and overtime records of all staffs from time to time. Attending salary queries and other concerns with regards to staff benefits.
• Prepare End of Service benefits for contract ended and resigned staff.
• Oversee all staff activities, pay attention on their grievances with regards to complaints and suggestion in connection with work related to be able to achieve an overall associate satisfaction index (ASI).
• Managed to provide the consistency and application of core administrative services to Operation, Finance and other departments. Responsibility is primarily focused in providing management of the daily office functions in the spirit of teamwork to ensure achievement of company’s goals and objectives.
• Manage the filing, faxing, storage and security of documents.
• Respond to inquiries by phone calls, email replies, messages to employees and customers.
• Negotiate to landlords on the rates of staff accommodation either firsthand or thru agents.
• Arrange itineraries, agenda for meeting and appointments. Provide tickets of each staff during deployment until repatriation.
• Manage to process permits relating to product marketing and publicity of the company.
• In-charge in Dubai Customs and Dubai Municipality clearing of our products importation.
• Able to manage the processing of Company’s Trade license renewals at DED through our PRO, as well as at Dubai Chamber. Ensure that compliance with Dubai Municipality has been done with regards to any requirements that has in connection with the nature of our business.
• Manage to search local suppliers and arrange for the PR & PO to ensure the availability of supplies, material & equipments for the smooth running of the business.
• Provide an administrative support from time to time for matters relating to the premises and operations security.
Assistant Accountant functions:
• Perform an income audit of four branches’ sales receipts on a daily basis against sales summary reports.
• Inventories of spa and retail products; prepares PR, PO’s, billing and SOA.
• Posting of payment voucher, invoices, petty cash, journal voucher in an accounting system.
• Efficiently handling Payables, Receivables, Purchases for both spa products and retail items.
• Bank reconciliation, prepares CAPEX, fixed assets schedule, depreciation, accruals & provisions.
• Verifies and process expense claims of an employee and suppliers for payment approval.
• Maintain prepayment schedules, records, amortization using spreadsheet and accounting system. Submission of reports to chief accountant for the month-end reporting pack.
• Involved in preparation of cash flow, 3 months forecast, aging of receivables, bonus & gratuity accrual schedule, manpower budget.
• Works closely with the Chief Accountant on the month-end report and Operations Department regarding cost cutting measures.
B. April 2002 to September 2007 – Payroll Officer
TFB, Incorporated (Giordano Philippines)
• Managed to process salaries and benefits, verifying daily time records, overtime, other earnings, deductions and other benefits that the employee must avail as entitlement.
• Able to managed generating reports from computerized RETAILPRO payroll system such as payroll entries, compound entries and consolidated monthly reports extracted from payroll system including income tax reports.
• Prepare annual income tax returns of all employees.
• Posting of entries to general ledger.
C. March 1998 to March 2002 - Accounting Assistant
TFB, Incorporated (Giordano Philippines)
• Prepare monthly sales reports such as cash and credit transactions.
• Conduct summary of entries.
• Posting entries to the general ledger.
• Schedule of Creditable Tax Withheld
• Conduct an income audit of stores’ daily sales, handling of sales book, monitor daily sales cash and card transactions.
• Monitor daily expenses and daily deposits of shop assigned.
• Prepare monthly Sales Report of each shop assigned
• Focus on replenishment of petty cash reimbursement to all stores and departments.
• Reconciliation of expenses against total revolving fund and monitoring expenses subject for liquidation.
• Preparation of cash vouchers and posting to general ledgers.
I am interested in applying for any position relating to Human Resources, Administration jobs, Finance & Accounting and Payroll & Benefits. Given an opportunity to explore my knowledge and potentials, kindly find my enclosed Curriculum Vitae for your review and reference.
• 7 years and 7 months UAE experience as HR Generalist & Administration Officer cum Asst. Accountant.
Focused on Recruitment, point of contact on HR related issues, Payroll & Benefits, HR database, implementation of HR Policies & Labour Law.
Review & answer correspondence, provide secretarial/executive services for committees, supervise staff activity, orientation of new staff, staff assessment & promotions, manpower budgets, security of documents, locate suitable business premises including staff accommodation and negotiate reasonable leasing agreements, licenses & permits processing.
Accounts duty – Income audit, process PR/PO, payables, receivables, bank recon, purchases, maintain fixed assets register, accruals, provision, ledgers.
• 9 years & 6 months previous experienced as Payroll Office and Accounting Assistant in Philippines
• Expert in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint and in Hyperion oracle, Tally ERP.
I graduated Bachelor of Science in Accountancy at University of Luzon, Philippines as well as obtaining my civil service eligibility, which is a qualifying examination to enter in a Philippine government post.
I believe that my potentials, together with my knowledge and expertise, make me the ideal candidate for the role and looking forward to review and discuss my application in greater depth. Thank you.
Jennifer Diego Estrada