- First Name: MOHAMMED
- Last Name: HARRIS
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Phone No: 971501541655
- Education: Bachelor of Technology/Engineering
- Field of Study: Mechanical Engineer
- College or University: BHARATHIAR UNIVERSITY INDIA
- Time Period: 2000-2004
- Job Title: Project Team Leader – Design & Technical Support
- Listed: April 4, 2017 2:34 pm
- Expires: 254 days, 4 hours
With Gates Engineering and Services as Project Team Leader – Design & Technical Support from Jan 2008 to Sep 2016
Accountabilities: 1. On receipt of enquiry understanding customer requirement and getting all relevant technical information & Deciding the product design strategy complying with standards and customer requirements 2. Prepare Job estimation & Technical specification based on client RFQ. 3. Responsible for designing and developing complete system with Concept/GA drawing for client approval 4. To initiate full fledge manufacturing by Conducting Order review meeting 5. Preparing and following project schedule and updating timely to client & management 6. Responsible for detail engineering calculation & detail fabrication drawing for manufacturing process by interacting/guiding with subordinates & Team members 7. Releasing Major & minor BOM for procurement 8. Releasing Test & Operating procedure of the unit 9. Coordinate with manufacturing, purchasing and suppliers by using concurrent engineering methodologies to optimize designs for cost and manufacture 10. Providing all relevant technical information to document controller for preparing the operation manuals. 11. Technical support and guidance to sales & service team for customer complaints. 12. Attending customer feedback, taking corrective action to implement in future projects & products. 13. Organize weekly review meetings to discuss progress achieved to date as well as a forecast for the following week in addition to any other issues which need to be resolved. 14. Manage project to meet cost, schedule, safety, quality and contractual requirements to the Satisfaction of the internal and external customers. Accomplishments: 1. Hydraulic (ESP) Field spooler, Ground spooler 2. Pneumatic cable spoolers, Drill Line Spooler, 3. Self-Loading ground spooler, 4. Umbilical spooler & Winch 5. Coil Tubing Unit, 6. Raw water Hose Reel with ABS approval 7. Main, Auxiliary & Boom winch for Offshore crane with ABS approval 8. Skidding system with DNV/GL approval 9. Scissor Lift, Pallet(fork) lifter 10. Integration of Chemical Injection Pump Skid, Metering skid 11. Compressor & Dryer Package. 12. Hydraulic Power pack, 13. High Pressure pump, centrifugal pump, FIFI pump 14. Design of Spreader beam with Lifting Slings as per DNV 2.7.3 15. Design of Structural skid as per DNV 2.7.1
With IIT Software (India) Pvt Ltd as CADD/CAE Engineer from Mar 2006 to Oct 2007
Accountabilities: 1. Major Design ,Developmental & low cost engineering 2. Decide the product design strategy complying to standards and customer requirements. 3. To guide and organize a team of CADD & Draftsmen. 4. Defined Assembly levels for Designed Products with BOM & Sequence charts 5. Executing various project using Pro-E, Solid Works, AutoCAD 6. 3D Modeling(solid and surface) – using PRO-E, Solid Works 7. Preparing detail fabrication drawings. 8. Preparation of Exploded Views for Assembly Drawing. 9. Preparation of Animation explaining the Working principle of Assembly sequence of the Parts. 10. Preparing lessons learnt after completion of projects
With USAM Systems-Chennai as Project Engineer from Jan 2005 to Jan 2006
1. Design assistance 2. Preparation of P&ID, Piping Layout, Isometric Drawing, 3. Design and details of pipe spool, Drain circuit, Pipe rack, structural piping support. 4. Preparation Consolidate BOQ for Piping with Material Class Data, Instrument Component Data 5. Preparation of G.A from Equipment Layout with their sectional details. 6. “AS BUILT” drawing interact with the client for their approval to making the changes as per their site requirements. 7. Mark any mismatch is observed Client regarding the changes made site for construction. 8. Executing various project using Pro-E, AutoCAD, Solid Works and involved in part Modeling (solid and surface modeling), Assembling, Detailing and sheet metal. 9. Defined Assembly levels for Designed Products with BOM & Sequence charts 10. Improved the design with cost effectiveness & functionality.
• A proficient and result oriented Mechanical Engineer with over 12 years in Project, Design, Proposal, and Application Engineering.
• Expertise in Project management, Design & Development, Troubleshooting & low cost engineering.
• Skills in conceptualizing and effecting process initiatives to enhance efficiency and productivity.
• Strong ability to create/read/interpret engineering drawings with proficiency in designing & developing new products in conformance to pre-defined technical specifications.
• Decide the product design strategy complying to standards and customer requirements and initiate a setup for a full fledge manufacturing.
• Guide and organize a team of CADD Engineer & Draftsmen, Production and other department.
• Adept at working on software applications such as PRO-E, Solid works, Ansys for Reverse Engineering –i.e. Structural static analysis & mechanism
• Develop internal quality management processes by giving valid suggestions.
• An effective communicator with excellent relationship management skills and strong analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities. Possess a flexible & detail oriented attitude.
• I’m able to perform in high-pressure environments. I have leadership qualities and am also a team player. I maintain standards of the highest quality.
• In depth knowledge in Welding Symbol as per AWS D1.1, Dimensioning, surface finishing and G&D Tolerance as per ISO 8015.
• In depth and clear understanding in Piping, Fittings, Piping Element, Piping drawing, P&ID, Isometric drawing,
• Knowledge in Power Transmission such as Selection of Engine, Pump, Gear box, Pulley, Clutch, V-belt, couplings, etc,.
• In depth knowledge in Material property, Material selection as per Engineering Calculation & standards (ASME, EN, DIN, BS,. )
• Good in Preparing Mechanical & structural calculation as per ABS & DNV
• Selection of Lifting sets, Slings & Spreader beam as per DNV, depth Knowledge in DNV 2.7.1 & DNV 2.7.3 For designing structural skid
• Good knowledge in manufacturing process
• Clear understating and depth knowledge in Hydraulic & Pneumatic system & circuits.
• Underwent a successful in plant Industrial Training at Cochin Shipyard, keralla.
• Completed Certificate course in ISO 9001:2008 Internal Auditor Training,
• Completed certificated course in compressor and Dryer, conducted by SPX Pneumatic
• Completed Certificate course in Basic Pneumatic, Advance Pneumatic, Electro Pneumatic, PLC – simulation software (FESTO Didactic Pvt Ltd, Bangalore)