- Company: Emirates
- Job Title: CABIN CREW
- Job Category: Ticketing/Travel
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience: 5 - 7 years
- City: Dubai
- Emirate: Dubai
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Listed: May 3, 2018 12:44 am
- Expires: 4979 days, 23 hours
Drive and inspire Performance Specialists (PSs) and a large, remote and multi-cultural cabin crew workforce to ensure the team fully understand and are driven to deliver the highest customer service standards on board.
Manage assigned crew through clear direction, feedback, motivation and development. This includes regular communication whilst ensuring fair and consistent management of performance issues in line with the corporate policy and Service Delivery standards.
Lead and manage the team and ensure they are developed and have the appropriate skill set and knowledge base to confidently apply policies and practices. Guide and develop team with the necessary people management and soft skills, through one to one meetings, coaching and performance reviews.
– Establish and maintain an effective crew performance, based on the feedback and evidence on the performance management system (My Flight Performance). Use regular communication to encourage and develop performance on board. Motivate and coach the crew to improve reliability and capability in order to meet the required standards.
– Provide direction to the PSs by setting priorities and ensuring appropriate performance measures (MyBc goals and KPIs) are set and clearly communicated. Ensure accountability with the PSs for achieving these results in a timely manner through a fair and consistent management of reliability and capability issues.
– Manage and direct the team providing support to crew in instances of critical incidents or accidents in Dubai or down-route, disruptive/distressing flights or death in service. Ensure that the team liaise with overseas Airport Managers on initial crew response for crew incidents down route. Conduct debriefings for crew who have been involved in traumatic situations. Ensure teams’ effective liaison with related departments e.g. HR, Employee Assistance Programme, Local Affairs, on appropriate management of these cases.
– Manage misconduct/ capability cases and identify any root or common cause. Make recommendations, take corrective actions and implement pro-active communication or policy review to ensure preventative action. Collaborate with the Attendance Management Unit Manager to understand sickness trends and identify corrective action.
– Manage individual customer complaints relating to cabin crew performance and ensure thorough investigation. Administer disciplinary procedures where necessary for on board performance shortfalls/behavioural concerns, in line with policy and procedure. Investigate cases relating to collective crew performance. Ensure thorough reports produced and appropriate action taken to promote high standards of service, conduct and professionalism.
– Identify crew development needs; design and deliver regular workshops which highlight opportunities for improved service on board and support the development requirements for career progression. Work with appropriate departments including eg: Cabin Crew Training/Product Development to design/enhance training and development standards and indicators and delivery of the same.
– Review and promote the Reward and Recognition Programme for Cabin Crew , ensuring full crew and organization awareness, a strong submission/nomination process and the regular and timely review of nominations.
– Review and confirm the suitability of crew for the renewal/non-renewal of contract. Engage with cabin crew to confirm the suitability for the renewal/non-renewal of contract. Engage with the support departments to ensure specialist input eg: EAC, HR, Safety, and Group Security when reviewing employment contracts.
– Manage the internal upgrade/promotions process to ensure that potential talents are given the opportunity from promotions through a fair assessment and selection process. Invest in the development of all cabin crew to ensure that they meet the minimum skill bases and are ready to progress to the next level.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
– Minimum 8 years’ experience with at least 5 at a managerial level – preferably in airline and/or customer service industry.
– Previous experience in managing Cabin Crew at an international airline will be preferred.
– Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including extensive experience in liaison and project management.
– Experience of delivering results through large work groups.
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=Dh3.66. Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in.
APPLY – http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/search-and-apply/267543