- First Name: Elijah
- Last Name: kaboe
- City: dubai
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Phone No: +9710503125038
- Zip/Postal Code: 971
- Education: BACHELORS DEGREE
- Field of Study: HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- College or University: NAIROBI UNIVERSITY
- Time Period: 8 YEARS
- Job Title: RESTAURANT/BAR MANAGER
- Listed: August 29, 2015 5:36 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
To achieve an appreciable status in an organization that offers full scope for growth and where I can fulfill my aspiration of becoming a world class professional.
DETAILED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
Having a Bachelors degree in hotel management background, I am looking for experience in order to dedicate my relevant knowledge and expertise in the tourism and hospitality industry.
I enjoy working in a team and help others progress. At the same time I work well independently. As a highly motivated and driven individual I strive on taking up challenges.
This industry best suits me because of I am not afraid to hard work under pressure and challenge. I am ready to devote myself to my future career as quick learner, positive thinker, well organized team player, and good communicator.
Organization Kiza Restaurant and Lounge International Cuisine D.I.F.C
Designation Floor Manager/Bar Manager
Duration April 3rd,2014 to date (1 year 8months)
Courteous and respectful at all times
Helpful to all that require assistance
Trustworthy beyond any doubts
Motivated to define their role and shape the overall success of the venture
Conscientious to the extent that all tasks are completed to the highest standards, while also seeking out advice and assistance from others should the demands of the task exceed knowledge/abilities
Hardworking with a definite goal of performing tasks to perfection
Self-motivated to perform tasks outlined and/or those encountered in the normal work environment under direct, fulltime supervision
Scope of Duties:
Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant
Organizing marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes
Creating and executing plans for staff development
Planning and coordinating event menus
Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
Managing staff throughout their shift and providing them with feedback
Responding to customer complaints
Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company’s policy standards
Meeting and greeting customers
Conducting thorough table visits
Organizing table reservations
Advising customers on menu and beer choice
Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required
Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate
Reporting all relevant restaurant activities and situations to GM through daily journal entries
Active participation in new business development
Mentoring and training of all FOH employees and record progress and participate in reviews
Collection and evaluation of customer feedback
Proper attention and supervision of incoming and outgoing communication
Inventory management and supplies procurement
Supervision of FOH and BOH cleaning regime
Organization Lamici Italian Restaurant Outlet Yas Marina 5star Hotel
Designation Floor Manager
Duration June 8, 2012 to April 2014 (2 years)
Location Abu Dhabi
Handling and overseeing all the day-to-day processes that are carried in the restaurant.
Co- ordinate with operation manager for all aspects of restaurant upkeep.
To protect company Assets/ Cash/ stock and all concerned.
Give Customer Services, Satisfaction, making daily sales report send to H.O.
Supervise efficient working of departments and assigned shift, administer pre-meal meeting and rectify all service of staff.
Administer training program and prepare schedule and handle inventory effectively.
Monitor and manage guest complaints, ensure satisfaction and administer efficient follow up to receive feedback.
Perform regular inspection of food and beverage preparation and presentation and maintain inventory to enhance sales.
Maintain and ensure compliance to established food quality and standards.
Manage workload and ensure effective working of restaurant activities and maintain excellent standards to meet operational expectations.
Train and instruct employees to ensure smooth transition in company.
Assist and provide training to staff members and offer incentives when necessary.
Coordinate with General Manager for everyday operation and maintain financial and administrative records.
Ensure compliance with prescribed standards and local state and federal laws in labor costs, and guest relations.
Evaluate performance and recommend salary increase, incentives for all.
Maintain personal records, schedules and reports for all employees.
Develop special, promotional and merchandising plans, advertising materials and ensure adherence to local and company standards.
Assist employee teams to provide excellent customer service.
Maintain proper sanitation, hygiene standards in kitchen and maintain effective store presentation.
Coordinate with team to meet sales target, ensure customer satisfaction and follow company procedures to increase productivity.
Inspect equipment and food deliveries.
Monitor and oversee purchases, menus, staff, and payroll.
Guide, direct, and train staff.
Coordinate the work and activities of staff.
Perform administrative activities such as scheduling, budgeting, and payroll.
Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers, and schedule delivery of fresh food and beverages.
Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.
Organization Nairobi Sarova Stanley 5 star Hotel
Designation Shift Supervisor/Front Office/ Guest Relation and Reservation
Duration 24 Months (2 years)
Location Nairobi Kenya
• Estimate food consumption, place orders with suppliers, and schedule delivery of fresh food and beverages.
• Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.
• Direct cleaning of kitchen and dining areas to maintain sanitation standards, and keep appropriate records.
• Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor regulations are obeyed.
• Maintain budget and employee records, prepare payroll, and pay bills, or monitor bookkeeping records.
• Use of computer software to monitor inventory, track staff schedules and pay, and perform other record keeping tasks.
• Check quality of deliveries of fresh food and baked goods.
• Meet with sales representatives to order supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
• Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
• Total receipts and balance against sales, deposit receipts, and lock facility at end of day.
• Select or create successful menu items based on many considerations, and assign prices based on cost analysis.
• Recruit, hire, and oversee training for staff.
• Schedule work hours for servers and kitchen staff.
• Monitor food preparation and methods.
• Identify and estimate quantities of foods, beverages, and supplies to be ordered.
• Maintain relationships with customers and staff.
• Update and use job-related knowledge.
• Schedule staff work hours and activities.
• Evaluate health and safety practices against standards.
• Organize, plan, and prioritize.
• Make decisions and solve problems concerning menus and staff.
• Judge the quality of food, preparation, and job applicants.
• Process and analyze information when scheduling and budgeting
• Record information about inventory and health practices.
• Handle food, utensils, and bookkeeping materials.
• Monitor food preparation and cleaning methods.
Seminars and Trainings Attended:
Successfully completed ‘HACCP 22000:2005 Awareness Training’ conducted by TUV Middle East in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (July 2012)Successfully Completed ‘Essential Food Safety Training Certificate Program’ conducted by Syscoms College in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. (August 2012
Certificate in Food Essential Safety July 2015
Nairobi University Attained a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
Nairobi school of International Technology Attained Certificate in Computer Packages
Kitui S.D.A Attained a High School Certificate.
Basic knowledge of Computer Fundamentals.
Knowledge of Aldelo Pos, Aldelo Edc, Tourism portal,RDX, Bird/ Check-in, Alacer, Galileo, Knowledge of Retailing Software Point of Sales,Excel,Power Point,Publisher,Microsoft word.
Possesses a high degree of self-confidence and positive mental attitude.
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and believe in teamwork.
Dedicated and hard working.
Flair to learn new thing.
Excellent communicative skills
Good convincing power
Good commanding & Leading Capability
A fast learner
HOBBIES & INTERESTS :
1.Ms Alice Ndululu 2.Mrs. Maria Copera
Operation Manager Sarova Stanley Hotel Operation Manager Lamici
Contact:+254715165866 Contact: +971555593071
3.Mr Rafat Ryanni
General Manager Kiza Restaurant and Lounge
“I, do here by confirm that the information given is true to the best of my knowledge
Thank you for your consideration of my resume and application for the Restaurant Manager position with your organization. I believe that you will discover that my extensive industry knowledge, experience, personality and work ethic will be well suited to the position you have available.
During my tenure of restaurant management I have always successfully directed and coached the highest of standards, by providing true World Class customer service to all of our guests. My “Lead By Example” style of management has always enriched my fellow employees in building pride and taking ownership of their responsibilities, resulting in a truly great dining experience for our guests time and time again.
The attached resume mirrors my background and experience, however it does not convey my character, drive, work ethic and attention to detail which is essential in today’s highly competitive hospitality industry. These attributes will only become evident to you when we meet to discuss this opportunity in person. You Can Contact me on my mobile number +9710503125038.