- First Name: Hesham
- Last Name: Shokry
- City: Sharjah
- Country: United Arab Emirates
- Phone No: +971554123556
- Education: B.sc in Business Administration
- College or University: El Madina higher institute for international languages
- Job Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
- Listed: August 19, 2015 5:28 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Sr. Systems Engineer, ODEC Technology Solutions (VMware partner). June 2015 – Present
● Architect, Design and implementation of VMware infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
● Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration and implementation of
VMware products and technologies.
● A sound, constructive and understanding approach to client problems, aiming to be seen as a trusted
● Migration of existing VMware environment to latest environment.
● Configure High availability / DR.
● Deliver knowledge transfer to customer staff to increase understanding and knowledge of VMware
Technologies including optimal use of VMware functionality, such as DRS, vMotion, DPM and SRM.
● Architect and develop customer solutions based on current hands-on knowledge of the VMware
Product line, storage, networking, management, and associated customer business processes.
● Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business and technical objectives and
Product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions.
● Plan, design, build & deliver core infrastructure solutions.
● Provide support to clients in areas system administration and networking issues.
● Report to Technical Manager.
Technical Support, Egyptian Air Force. April 2014 – June 2015
Sr. System Engineer, ABB. Dec 2012 – April 2014
July 2014 – Jan 2015 (Part time)
● SCCM/SCOM Administration for Egypt and central Africa cluster..
● Research, design, deploy, and test windows operating systems.
● Create custom windows 7 image and create applications, packages to deploy with SCCM 2012.
● Design and implement Microsoft patching strategy for windows desktops.
● Perform lifecycle management for operating systems as well as applications using the Microsoft system center suite of products (maintain hotfixes, service packs, software deployment).
● SW support AutoCAD mechanical and electrical, Solid works, Adobe pro... etc.
● Played lead role in Office 365 Cloud migration such as deploying office 365 on 1000+ clients and train
users to the new cloud technology
● License reporting and coordination.
● Basic SQL administration.
● Write and edit all System Center family documentations and SOPs.
● Design and implement Zabbix monitoring server "Linux based environment".
● maintain Centos server for Cacti monitoring server and close any vulnerability issues.
● Report to CIO
System Administrator, Intelligent Graphic Systems, Inc. July 2011 – July 2012
● Manage and maintain Windows Servers 2008, ISA 2006, TMG 2010, Directory service and DNS.
● Manage and maintain computer networks.
● Manage and maintain e-mail servers.
● Identify hardware, software and user issues.
● Work from a help desk, providing resolution via phone and/or remote control software.
● Provide technical support and maintenance of installed applications software and handle multiple. technical issues in an organized and competent manner.
● Work and communicate with external and internal staff at all levels.
Technical Support, Data online (TE-Data Provider) Jan 2010 - Mar 2011
● Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
● Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
● Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
● Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and password issues
I am a senior systems engineer with more than 5 years’ experience in the IT field in both design and hands on implementation roles and have held positions at large multinational companies such as ABB and IGS. I am a specialist in VMware, Redhat, Microsoft and Cisco products
Until recently I held the position of Systems Engineer “Virtualization” with the VMware partner ODEC Technology solutions. In that role I was responsible for implementation and support of clients’ VMware virtual infrastructure working with such enterprise customers as Bloomberg, ABB, Thomas Cook, Gourmet and Trasco. As an example; I planned and implemented an OS life cycle managed project for ABB and also worked with their IS team to migrate the Egypt and Africa cluster users to MS office 365 cloud technology. Additionally, I supported customers in other areas such as system administration and network issues.
Colleagues know me as a highly motivated and helpful person who can always be trusted to come up with a new approach. I realize that the client’s business comes first, and I never try to impose my ideas on others. Instead, I spend a lot of time understanding the business needs before making recommendations. I can work well alone, but I’m at my best collaborating with others.
My education and industry experience have led me to attain multiple high-level industry certifications in various disciplines including VCP-DTM, VCP-DCV 5.5, ITIL V3, RHCE, CCDA, CCNA and MCITP.