- First Name: Maureen
- Last Name: Dawami
- City: Abu Dhabi
- Country: Philippines
- Phone No: 0568200954
- Education: Bachelor of Science
- Field of Study: Accountancy
- College or University: Notre Dame of Marbel University
- Time Period: Immediate
- Job Title: Finance Analyst/Accountant
- Listed: August 24, 2015 2:23 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
SAN MIGUEL FOODS, INC.
Finance Analyst, General Santos City
March 2007-July 2015
COST ACCOUNTING, BUDGETING & REPORTING
• Make analysis on cost to produce against budget/latest estimates on a monthly basis essential for management’s decision making purposes. Highlighting costs that has significant effects on the operations of the business.
• Preparation of latest estimates of cost to produce on a monthly or semi-annual basis.
• Preparation and analysis of monthly operations report for the assigned cost/responsibility centers.
• Collate, organize and interpret relevant accounting reports concerning productivity and efficiency of the plant and highlighting raw material variances, labor efficiencies and overhead analyses.
• Assist in preparation and consolidation of budgets of the region consistent with company goals and objectives, both short and long term
• Analyze cost elements, checking, cost splitting, accurate & complete settlement & closing of production orders.
• Cost management. Reporting any variances to the operations and ways to improve the costs.
• Monitoring the contracts of the operations (growers/tollers/service contractors), report expired contracts, study all the indices (inclusions and exclusions) in support of the company’s operations. Report any restrictions found in the contract for any possible risks of termination or prevent any risks that would hamper the company’s operations.
PAYABLES AND RECEIVABLES
• Checking, processing & posting in SAP payment request memorandums from suppliers and employee disbursements/reimbursements.
• Validating and posting of expense accruals at month end.
• Validation and monitoring of Accounts Receivable. Preparing of memos to the salesperson regarding aged receivables.
• Assist Sales and Operations in monitoring and ensuring that all sales transactions are properly recorded.
• Interact with customers in AR related concerns, with suppliers and contract growers for payable matters, with third party service providers for operational concerns as need arise.
INVENTORY AND AUDIT
• Conduct periodic inventory count of the assigned plants and warehouses.
• Reconciliation and validation of variance, attesting the differences, prepares reports and recommendations to avoid reoccurrence of variances.
• Conduct annual inventory of Property, Plant & Equipment. Reconcile count with SAP, performs tagging of new assets acquired and preparation of surplus/scrap declaration as need arise.
• Periodic review of inventory unit prices, price variance analysis and disposition.
• Spot auditing of the assigned cost and responsibility centers, identifying control risks, suggests recommendation to further improve and impose company policies and procedures.
• Assists external and internal auditors by providing needed reconciliations and data for the audit.
TREASURY & OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS
• Performs cashiering functions, deposit of cash and cheques from customers and depositing it in the bank.
• Prepares bank reconciliation reports.
• Petty cash management.
• Represent the region in local community projects as need arise, support and actively participate in all management activities.
• Prepare and file external reports as required to satisfy government regulatory bodies, shareholders, financial institutions, suppliers in coordination with head office.
• Manage such functions as local taxes including interface with taxing authorities and agents.
GENSANTOS FOUNDATION INC-COLLEGE
Accounting Instructor, General Santos City, Philippines
November 2004- March 2007
• Taught basic and advanced accounting subjects for college students.
• Done auditing jobs on a piece-rate basis.
• Done taxation with clients
A CPA with over 10 years accounting and finance background. To secure a challenging and rewarding position as an Accountant at a leading organization sharing my breadth of experience and abilities effecting mutual employee-employer growth and success.