- Member Since: August 22, 2015
KAREN B. MONTERO
Location: Flat 204 CBD C-03 Al Warsan 1 International City, Dubai U.A.E
Age: 23 yrs. old
Visa status: Visit Visa
I would like to pursue a challenging career and strive hard to acquire knowledge and achieve higher grounds in the ever growing and innovative field of technology. My areas of expertise include Network & System Administration, NOC Administration, onsite hardware/software technical support and administrative task.
A total of 6 years as a computer professional, including 3 years as a corporate IT professional in the area of Technical Support. Productive self-starter with a strong work ethic, consistently achieve goals and meet deadlines. Proven experience in network/hardware/software troubleshooting, PC assembly, system integration and testing, technical support, customer helpdesk, project management, client relations and administrative task. An excellent team player with good logical reasoning ability, coordination and interpersonal skills. Enthusiastic for the task assigned, multi-tasking and can handle stress effectively.
Telus International Philippines, Nov. 2012- Aug. 2015
G/F Telus House Araneta Center Cubao Quezon City
IT Support Team Leader
- Lead major projects and issues
- Attend conference calls, face to face meetings for client related issues and project updates
- Ensuring that all quality targets are achieved
- Managing team reports such as attendance, Over time and KPIs
- Trained new hire IT Support
- Act as 2nd in command when IT Supervisor is not around
IT Support Specialist
- Dealing directly with employees or customers who have technical issues.
- Diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults.
- Logging customer/employee queries. Analysing call logs to spot trends and underlying issues.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Replacing hardware peripherals as required.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports. Supporting the roll-out of new applications. Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Provide first- and second- software/network troubleshooting.
- NOC administration and troubleshooting system latency or downtime.
- Technical writer for IT policies.
- Successfully completed the Online Reservation System for Jocelyn’s Catering Services Website using PHP/SQL as programming language for our final requirement/thesis.
- IT Coordinator - facilitated the administrative task during the Data Center Renovation and other IT projects in assigned site.
- Lead the Verint 11 Migration Project of all the accounts in TELUS Araneta Site.
- Maintains the Software Inventory in the assigned site.
- Lead several projects and meet deadlines.
- Lead IT projects such as M-A-C ( Move, Add, Change ).
- Lead and tracked the Windows 7 Migration Project.
- Lead the SEARS Deployment in TELUS Araneta Site.
- Attended seminars and trainings for IT professionals as well as corporate seminars.
- IT Person of the Month – July ( July 7, 2014 )
- Voice of the Customer Awardee – award for the most recommended employee in IT.
- Certified ITIL v3 Foundation Trained – TELUS International Philippines - October 2014
Center for International Trade Exposition & Mission, 2011
Golden Shell Pavillion. Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. Cor. R. Roxas Blvd., Pasay City
Student Intern – On the Job Trainee
Trained in simple troubleshooting including network connections (LAN and WIFI), reformatting, and hardware/system troubleshooting and access restrictions. Maintained database and encodes clients/buyers information. One of the show buddies of their event and mainly assigned in the info counters.
University of the East Graduated: SY 2011-2012
Bachelor of Science, Computer Studies Concentration: Information Technology
Dean’s Lister – 4 consecutive Semesters
Member of League of Information Technology (LITS, 2010-2012)
1. Certified Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (70-685) - July 31,2014
Score: 966/1000, Certification Number: F095-8344
2. ITIL v3 Foundation Certified Professional – Pearson VUE – January 26,2014
Databases: MS SQL , MS-Access, Oracle , Active Directory
Operating Systems: Windows 98/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux, Ubuntu, Macintosh
Software: Adobe Photoshop 8.0/CS3, Macromedia Flash, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Adobe Fireworks, Cisco Packet Tracer, Adobe Audition, Microsoft Office, DRUPAL, Symantec Northon Ghost, Virtual Box, VMWare, Mcaffee, SCCM , Auto-IT , CITRIX
Networking: VLAN,TCP/IP,DNS, Ethernet, LAN/WAN, Cabling, Cisco Switches, Firewall
Communication Technology: Verint 10 and 11, Avaya Technology, Noble
• Knowledgeable in Photo/Video Editing
• Knowledgeable in Sound/Music Editing
• Software Quality Assurance Tester
• Good typing skills and researcher
• Website Developer
• Technical Document Writer
• Plays Instruments